Friday, September 24, 2010

Does talent has any place in Government Job?

IndiBlogger - The Indian Blogger Community
That's a long debate. I'm in a profession where so many employees of government department come in my contact. I observe them a lot of times. It was yesterdays incident that brought me to write this blog. A Government Official came to my office for his work with two three files. I asked him to give me a particular certificate related with his office. About half an hour, he was looking into his files. No response. I was seeing that particular certificate in his file clearly but he was not able to identify it at all even when it was clearly written on it. What a mess, he stood-up and went back to his office telling me that I will come tomorrow with the certificate. I'm still fully assured that he is not comming today or any other day. What does that mean? Who the hell is that guy who interviewed him and posted him for this job. What kind of qualities do the employers require in such persons? In such way, what is the possibility of the speed of India's development.
When I go the the government offices, I see 90% of the employees are engaged in only preparing Pay-bills. Each and every time whenever I see, they only discuss about their pay and other benefits. What about the purpose for which they have been employed and appointed? Does talent and specialities are not the requirements for government jobs. Each and every employee I see is having knowledge problem. He does not know how to do a particular kind of work or if he knows, there is only one way he is known to it and that is, how his predecessor does it. Nothing special understanding is required to do it. What kind of tests are they undergo? I think, such number of employees are possibly responsible for the slow development of our country. Dont know the way of work, dont understand how to manage their work, dont want to act specially in completing a particular work. When it comes to deadline of a particular work, it is totally embarassing and freaky that even then they do the work at their natural speed and no special attention is given. The reason is amazing - We are government employees, we have lot of problems, lot of work, we dont have the necessary manforce and last but not the least and the most freakiest answer - Well, the deadline may be postponed afterall we are government office, if any mistake occurse, there is no one to impose any kind of penalty on us. For god sake, who will make them believe that being a government employee you should work more faster as you are more responsible for the development of our country. God help them out and give some brain.

1 comment:

Shrikant said...

nice blog,
nice writing.
I have an advice for you, you should promote this blog so others could read this.
Just create a fan page on facebook, that will do magic for the site.

Regards,
Shrikant